Sunday, March 24, 2013

Canyonlands Logo Contest - #1

Vector traced the first logo concept for the design contest. This is my favorite one and I really hope it goes somewhere!

A very difficult logo to steal because it's so complicated (still watermarked it on my design template anyway), but the concept is solid. The imagery I think should speak for itself. The silhouette of the man wearing the hat is Stuart Udall, the secretary of the Department of the Interior at the time, who was responsible for officially designating Canyonlands as a National Park in 1963.  This logo is for the fiftieth anniversary of the national park.

Rule #1: The best logos are designed FIRST in black and white. Then color is added later, if necessary.


Logo designs #2 and #3 will be redrawn over the next couple days.  This is my chance to get my name on something really big!  If I get this deal, I win 500 bucks... which I badly need!

No comments:

Post a Comment